As VP of E-commerce you will be responsible for achieving significant penetration of new key accounts and lead major sales across all product lines into the E-commerce market. The role therefore requires partnership, negotiation and sales skills together with solid business acumen and solid understanding of good e-commerce practice.
We seek a high-potential individual with the ability to grow with the opportunities that are presented. The candidate must be able to quickly assimilate information regarding existing products, solutions and opportunities to develop and execute a sales strategy for this area of responsibility. The individual will be quickly required to contribute to personal, team and company revenue goals and objectives.
With a thorough understanding of retail, distribution, e-tail and catalog sales landscape, this individual will personally develop multi-level relationships with key trade customers. Predominantly working in a 2-tier channel model there is a requirement for strong partnership skills at both a distributor and re-seller level with a good understanding of pricing/rebate/marketing spend models.
Key Experience needed
• Proven E-commerce sales and sales management track record is a must. This includes B2C sales in the consumer goods/electronics arena; an ability to draft and implement successful end-user engagement and usage plans; qualify, prioritize, and address business opportunities; coach, develop and mentor for technical development and leadership, sales negotiations;
• Experience with customers at an executive level as well as training, coaching and motivating a sales team, including quota setting.
• A demonstrated knowledge of the consumer electronics industry with emphasis in mobile devices is preferred. A track record of launching comprehensive and even complex line of products via e-commerce/e-tail platforms.
• Demonstrating the ability to add value to customer relations and provide leadership in driving solutions across the business is critical.
Key Responsibilities include
• Review e-commerce plan to drive revenue and ensure market share goals are achieved
• Develop a healthy pipeline of qualified opportunities and projects to drive sales
• Develop in-depth understanding of the product line and related products and the value they bring to direct and indirect consumers
• Drive customer and partner satisfaction
• Connect High Potential customers and partners with the product groups and develop product group relationships to drive innovation and engagement
• Contribute to the recruitment, engagement and readiness of the sales team to help drive revenue and market share
• Team effectively with the different sales teams, partners and marketing to meet revenue goals and customer needs
• Understand strengths relative to competition and effectively communicate those strengths to customers and partners in a positive manner,
• Ensure up-to-date knowledge of e-commerce landscape and mobile devices vendors and their e-commerce strategies
• Work across teams to deliver reference and satisfied customers that can be leveraged in future sales engagements
Requirements and skills for this position include:
• Sales Leadership: Strong, proven track record of leading and driving consumer-driven selling across a sales team
• Track record of growing existing accounts and demonstrating a successful track record of selling products through a channel
• Demonstrated experience of at least 10 years selling mobile devices &/or consumer electronics through e-commerce platform, dealing with distributors and resellers and operating in an international environment in a similar capacity
• Experience in bringing new products to the e-tail market in the following areas: consumer electronics (B2C arena), mobile or e-tail brand.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Self-starter with an out-of-the-box mentality
• Ability to co-ordinate priorities and initiatives
• Excellent communication skills, including diplomacy and a clear verbal and written communication style
• Excellent planning and problem solving skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent negotiation skills
• A determination to succeed and make things happen